Effective: July 1, 2002
Owner: Office of Sponsored Programs
Latest Revision: March 22, 2007
Grant and Contract Change Request Form (SP-23)
Available at the UVA Forms Directory
Dept: Sponsored Programs Office
Blank forms are also from the Office of Sponsored Programs,
Carruthers Hall, 434-924-4270.
The Principal Investigator and Research Administrator are responsible for completion and submission of the SP23 form.
- Principal Investigator
- Research Administrator -- School/Department
- Grants Specialist/Accountant -- Office of Sponsored Programs
The Assistant Vice President for Research Administration is responsible for ensuring that this procedure is necessary, reflects actual practice, and supports University policy.
This activity is performed whenever it becomes necessary to request an "at risk" award for training grants, restricted yearly budget grants, FDP grants, or preliminary projects. This applies to new awards, supplements and renewals or continuations.
- Complete top section, to fully identify the grant or contract in question.
- Complete section A for account changes only.
- Complete Part B, Justification.
- When sponsor approval is required for rebudgeting, attach a letter addressed to the sponsor concisely indicating the specifics and justification for the request. Endorsement by the Director of Sponsored Programs is required prior to submission to the sponsor.
- In those instances where approval of rebudgeting has been delegated by the sponsor to the University, i.e., National Institute of Health, no letter to the sponsor is required. However, justification for the rebudgeting action must be provided in Part B. Where the request will result in a redistribution of funds within the grant account, show both the complete current budget distribution and how it is to be redistributed.
- When requesting non-budgetary changes in grant and contract terms and conditions, (i.e., project period extensions, reporting requirements, change of principal investigator, etc.), attach a letter addressed to the sponsor justifying the request.
- Complete Section C in the case of At Risk Awards. At Risk Awards deal with Training Grants, Restricted Yearly Budget Grants, and FDP Grants and refer to new or preliminary accounts, supplements, and renewals/continuations.
- Obtain the endorsements (under Section D) attesting to the propriety of the request in relation to the objectives of the project as initially approved by the Sponsor.
End of Activity