OSP moved to a Purchase Order (PO) process for Subcontracts in early 2019. The new process became the requirement for all new agreements and any modifications with multiple years remaining on the agreement. Departments continue to submit all required documents for subcontracts (new and renewals) via the NEW SP-30 Form through and creating the Requisitions in Oracle. OSP continues to create and negotiate the agreements, and will maintain the Purchase Orders in Oracle (from creating them through close them out). OSP Post Award reviews the sub-recipient invoices to ensure compliance. Post Award enters the invoice in Oracle and uploads a copy as an attachment on the PO. Post Award sends the invoice to the PI and Fiscal Contract in the Department requesting they review for accuracy of technical and financial performance. After the PI has approved invoices, Fiscal Contact processes receipt of invoice in Oracle on PO. Payments are then processed by Procurement Services to pay the sub-recipient invoice.
Federal Definition of Subaward
- Subaward (§200.92 – Uniform Guidance):
- is an award provided by a pass-through entity (PTE) to a subrecipient to carry out part of a Federal award received by the pass-through entity
- may be provided through any form of legal agreement, including an agreement that the pass-through entity considers a contract
- Subrecipient (§200.93 – Uniform Guidance):
- is the non-federal entity that receives a subaward from a pass-through entity to carry out part of a federal program
- may also receive federal awards directly from a federal agency
Subrecipient vs. Contractors
Where can you access more information about the PO for Subcontracts?
We’ve posted a list of FAQs and in the Creation of Requisitions for a Subcontract, and Requesting a Change to a Subcontract Purchase Order.